Monday, September 28, 2009

Mmmmm....can you smell it??

The girls and I just put an APPLE PIE in the oven! First one of the season...oh my gosh, can I wait the hour before it's done??? LOL! I got the recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, Noble Pig. The link is over to the left, under "FOOD BLOGS" (duh). Here is the link to the recipe:http://noblepig.com/2009/09/27/always-a-classic-2.aspx

I also baked 4 loaves of bread today; 2 Country White (Cami's fav) and 2 Honey Oatmeal. Now the girls are happy, they have fresh homemade bread for breakfast tomorrow. (and me too, lol)Cami could (and does) eat the white bread for breakfast, then will request a slice in her bag lunch, then a slice for a snack after school, and THEN will ask for a slice for 'treat' before bed if there's nothing else that suits her. The girl loves her carbs, just like her Mama.
I LOVE the white bread...toasted lightly, a little soft butter, then some homemade strawberry jam. Oh my, oh my, it's more like dessert than breakfast! I'll try to remember to get a pic tomorrow of my little 'slice' of heaven.

No comments: